KARE provides food assistance for clients:
- 60+ years and older
- Individuals receiving less than $100 per month, per household member in SNAP Benefits
- Experiencing a short-term crisis
Clients that qualify for food assistance are eligible for food every 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I bring to qualify for food?
- Picture ID with correct address for all adults in the home
- Social security cards for everyone in the home
- If receiving SNAP, bring in current SNAP statement
- Proof of income (pay stubs, employer statement on letterhead, etc.) for a minimum of 30 days for everyone in the home, including children’s SSI.
After I qualify, what do I bring each month?
- Current picture ID with current address
- Current utility bill with current address
After I qualify, how often can I receive food?
- Clients are eligible to receive food once every 30 days.
How can I qualify for SNAP benefits?
- Anyone interested in applying for SNAP benefits can complete the TBB Quick Check; if you may be eligible for benefits, call our office to make an appointment with an SC Thrive trained counselor.
Can SNAP applications be completed in your office?
- Yes, our SC Thrive trained counselors can submit a SNAP application on a client’s behalf. Please note, determinations are NOT made in our office. All determinations will come directly from the Department of Social Services.
How can you help?
Our food pantry is stocked primarily through the generosity of our community. Food drives are an integral part of our operation. Items that KARE can always use are:
- Canned Pasta
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Hamburger Helper
- Canned Tomatoes
- Jiffy Mix
- Peanut Butter
- Instant Potatoes
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Pasta Noodles